Green League Congo is a not-for-profit NGO whose mission is to safeguard ecosystems, fight global warming, and reduce the poverty of the indigenous population. More specific objectives are:
- Environmental protection and advocacy
- Protection and conservation of biodiversity
- Dissemination of the link between a healthy environment and human health
- Helping Indigenous Peoples claim their rights
Green League Congo has carried out some tangible actions like:
- The multiplication and distribution of agricultural seeds in Kasika;
- The revival of poultry industry in South Kivu in Kasika;
- Reforestation Burhinyi;
- Raising awareness on the protection of birds in the territory of Mwenga.
Jean-Pierre Kalume Wakenge
Tel: +243 941995627
Our organisations database highlights the range of organisations working on conservation-poverty linkages, including donor agencies, conservation organisations, NGOs, indigenous people's organisations and grassroots groups. Search by key word or by organisation type.
Latest organisation to join the network
In 1992 three groups of bee farmers founded an umbrella organisation to fight rural poverty which studies had indicated to be high in the North West Region of the country. The organisation was...
The Poverty and Conservation Learning Group is an international network of organisations that promotes learning on the linkages between biodiversity conservation and poverty reduction.
This website is partly funded by UK aid and the Arcus Foundation, however the views expressed do not necessarily reflect the views of the UK Government or the Arcus Foundation.